registration process and forms - for admitted students ONLY
Summary of Registration Process: Three Steps (click on each step for details)
- Step 1: Submit Commitment & Enrollment Form, Confirmation of Singular Enrollment, Home Language Survey, and Authorization for Emergency Medical Treatment - due Friday, April 12, 2013
- Step 2: Submit Proof of Residency, Identifying Documents, and Registration Forms - due Friday, May 31, 2013
- Step 3: Submit Student Records, Health Forms, and Final Student Forms - due Friday, August 2, 2013
**If you would like assistance completing these forms or need to present original documents, please visit the school weekdays from 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.**
Step 1: DUE FRIDAY, April 12, 2013 - Commitment & Enrollment Form, Home Language Survey, and Authorization for Emergency Medical Treatment
List of Items to Submit:
Step 2: DUE FRIDAY, MAY 31, 2012 - Proof of Residency, Identifying Documents, and Registration Forms
List of Items to Submit:
A. Documents to Prove Residency* (MUST be originals; see Residency Verification Guidelines)
- ONE of the following: • A pay stub with DC home address and DC tax withheld • Proof of financial assistance, (e.g., TANF, SSI, Medicaid, SCHIP, Housing, etc.) • Official military housing orders • Proof student is a ward of DC • Embassy letter
- OR, in the the absence of an item listed above, TWO of the following (please note that the names and addresses on each of the two documents must MATCH): Unexpired DC Driver's License or Non-Driver's ID from DC Government • Lease or rental agreement with payment receipt (for past 2 months) • Unexpired DC vehicle registration • Gas, Electric, or Water bill with payment receipt (dated within the past 2 months; a "paid'' stamp, cancelled check, bank statement indicating the utility company was paid in the same amount, or two month's of utility bills with the second showing that the previous month was paid may be used to prove payment)
**DC law requires that parents/guardians present original documents to a Mundo Verde staff member in order to prove residency. Original documents will be returned once they are presented. Please visit Mundo Verde weekdays between 8:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. to present your proof of residency. If you cannot visit the school between 8:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, please email email@example.com to schedule an alternate time.**
Documents below may also be submitted electronically (firstname.lastname@example.org):
B. Copy of Student's birth certificate
C. Copy of valid Parent/Guardian ID
D. Proof of guardianship (if applicable)
E. Student Record Release (only required of students with academic or special education records; submit to both your child's previous school and Mundo Verde)
F. (OPTIONAL) FERPA Opt-out Form
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a federal law that requires that certain schools notify parents/guardians/students about their rights under FERPA. These rights include access to education records, an opportunity to seek to have the records amended, and some control over the disclosure of information from the records. (FERPA Notification)
- Submit this form only if you DO NOT want Mundo Verde to disclose “directory” information. “Directory” information is generally not considered harmful or an invasion of privacy and is used for certain school publications such as pamphlets for drama productions, graduation programs, honor rolls or sports team activity sheets for football, basketball, etc.
- Please note that Mundo Verde publishes a student directory that is only made available to Mundo Verde families. By submitting the FERPA Opt-out, if you indicate that you do not want Mundo Verde to disclose your child's name, address, or phone number, then this information will NOT appear in the student directory.
Step 3: DUE FRIDAY, August 2, 2013 - Student Records, Health Forms, and Final Student Forms
List of Items to Submit:
A. Student’s school records (grades, test scores, IEPs, 504 plans, etc., if applicable)
- Please request copies of records from your student’s current school and have them sent to Mundo Verde.
- Make sure you have submitted the Student Record Release to both your child's previous school and Mundo Verde.
- Please take the DC Universal Health Certificate and the DC Health Certificate Instructions to your healthcare provider for them to complete.
C. Oral Health Assessment (documents an exam completed within 365 days before August 27, 2013)
- Please take the Oral Health Assessment to your dental health care provider for them to complete.
D. Medication Authorization (if applicable)
- If your child will need medication administered at school, please have your health care provider complete this form.
E. Asthma Action Plan (if applicable)
- If your child has asthma, please have your health care provider complete this form.
F. Anaphylaxis Action Plan (if applicable)
- If your child has an epi-pen, please have your health care provider complete this form.
G. Walking Permission Form (not yet available)
H. Free and Reduced Meals Application (not yet available)
- We ask all families to complete this application regardless of income, but it is optional.
- Applications are confidential. Please see our Letter to Families for more information about how to apply.
- Families may submit FARM applications anytime during the school year.